Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Independence Day!


I was a little bit bummed to not be spending the 4th of July in the United States... it's definitely one of my favorite holidays.
So we decided to make it a night out on the town!

First stop:
Musée d'Orsay
We got a grand tour of the incredible works by Monet, Degas, Manet, Renoir, Gaugin, & Van Gogh. 
(ps did you know he signed "vincent" on all his paintings because he didn't want people mispronouncing his last name? Who knew!)

And I loved it, I had been once before for a brief minute but it was JP's inaugural experience! And we decided it's definitely one of the best museums in Paris (an opinion me and blair waldorf share




After the tour, we weren't feeling very American, so we decided to remedy that situation by having dinner at McDonald's!
And let me tell you, McDonald's has never sounded so good as after that 3 hour museum tour. 





And then we decided to walk home!
 It took about 30 minutes, and we both fell in love with Paris all over again! 
We walked through a carnival, people-watched by the Seine, walked through the Tuileries, and sang patriotic songs most of the way home. 
My goodness it was a perfect night. 






And today we're headed off on a little road trip to Belgium!
We're headed to Bruges and Brussels! 
Any must-sees or must-eats up there?!

3 comments:

  1. The Musee D'Orsay is by far (in my opinion) the best museum in Paris. I loved it!!!! My favorite artist is Degas and basically, impressionism in general, so that place was heaven to me. Also, I just think it's cool that it used to be a train station.

    Looks like you had tons of fun too!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable & I love all your fun pictures! What a fun time you must be having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post and very informative as well. Your knowledge appears very well on this topic and the way you have explained it, any new person can understand it easily. I would like you to keep writing like this and share your information with us. velvet razai price in pakistan , plain sofa covers ,

    ReplyDelete