Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sunday Breakfast

I submit there is nothing better than a lazy Sunday morning, particularly one where there's maple flavored bacon involved. 
It's not very often that JP and I get to sleep in and wake up sans alarm clock, so we took full advantage of the opportunity this past Sunday. 
And making breakfast together might be one of my most favorite things in this world, so JP humored me and whipped out some masterpieces of breakfast sandwiches, while I tried my hand at making some French Toast Muffins. 
Divine, let me tell you. 

French Toast Muffins
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg (preferably room temperature)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. milk


Topping:

1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Do NOT overmix; over mixing will ruin the texture of the finished muffins. Scoop batter into muffin tins that have sprayed with cooking spray. I got 10 medium-large muffins out of this batter;
 Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.

For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Place melted butter in another small bowl. Dip the top of the warm muffins in melted butter, then dip/roll the muffin in cinnamon sugar and voila! You now have some extremely delicious french toast muffins.  


Recipe source

3 comments:

  1. Yummmm. Breakfast food is my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuumm! Definitely have to try this recipe.
    Just had my tonsils taken out so looking forward to eating yummy food like this again!

    http://amzyxox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete