Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Ramblings & A Year-Old Wedding Cake:

So I've discovered recently (maybe since my birthday??) that my ability to stay up past 11 PM has severely diminished. 
As soon as the 10 o'clock hour is gone, apparently so is the will to keep my eyelids open. It's disconcerting, really. 
I used to be able to stay up all night if I needed to! I could function on 4 hours of sleep just fine. And now if I get less than 7 hours I feel like I got hit by a train when my alarm goes off in the morning.  
And I would probably be more upset about this sudden turn of events if I just wasn't so tired right now haha.

In other news, I ate a whole cantaloupe for dinner tonight. And a kiwi. And a peach. 
Did I mention I'm trying out this diet/cleanse for a week?


Oh and on our 1-year anniversary I might have put on my wedding dress again... (I couldn't help myself! I love that dress and this was a fairly good excuse to wear it again) and I could still zip it up... but it was a bit more snug than last year... and therefore sparked the previously mentioned diet/cleanse haha. 


And of course, Mr JP and I ate the top of our wedding cake for our one year anniversary!
Which was nice to actually taste, because I didn't exactly get to enjoy the flavor last year as it was shoved in my face. 
Did you know the tradition goes back to the Roman Empire?
Freezing and eating the top tier of your wedding cake on your 1-year anniversary is supposed to bring good fortune to your marriage :)





2 comments:

  1. Whhhhat! You can do that!? Oh me and my hubby are so going to do that! --Oh wait, I forgot, I'm only 17. ;) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I've been thinking of doing that cleanse! When you're done you should do a post about how it went and if you really do lose a substantial amount of weight!

    ReplyDelete