Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

So last December, while I was still in London, the Provo Tabernacle (which was built in 1898!) caught fire and burnt down. The only thing that remained after they had cleaned it up was the outer shell and it has since stood untouched for the last year, amid a variety of rumors that it was going to be renovated, torn down, or left as a memorial. 

Then, earlier today, the prophet of our church, President Thomas S. Monson announced that it is going to be converted into a second temple for Provo, UT
I was freaking out! 
How amazing is that? 
This beautiful building that has been an icon of my hometown for my entire life is now going to be a temple!


We drove past it this afternoon and someone 
has put up a sign that encompasses my feelings exactly :)



Read more about the announcement here

No comments:

Post a Comment