Friday, July 15, 2011

It All Ends

Last night I went to Harry Potter 7 part 2 at midnight. It was incredible  but so bittersweet! The Harry Potter era has officially come to an end. I remember when my dad came home with the very first book "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and read it to me and my siblings because we were too young to read it by ourselves. I remember countless midnight premiers of the books and the movies - such as when I left EFY early to go to Borders at midnight when the seventh book came out. My favorite memory of all, is of course when I got to attend the world premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 in London.  This year as I watched the London premier live on the internet, J.K. Rowling summed up my feelings perfectly:


”The stories we love best do live in us forever. 
So whether you come back by page or by the big screen, 
Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”


No comments:

Post a Comment