Sunday, July 3, 2011

Anxiously Engaged

So you know how I was in California on vacation with my family... Well I woke up on Friday morning and Jean Paul showed up to surprise me!  He was there under the pretense of coming because he needed to use his frequent flier miles before they expired.  So naturally I was super surprised and excited, but didn't really think it was anything beyond that, I was just happy he was there.

However, he had something else up his sleeve, or in his pocket.  After he had been there for about 8 minutes he asked me to go on a walk with him down the beach.  I said no haha because my family wanted to see him and talk to him!  He kept asking, and after about the 4th time I started to think he wanted to walk down the beach so he could kiss me - I figured he didn't want to kiss me in front of my family and whole extended family.  So I jumped up, happy to oblige (duh) and we started off down the beach.  Little did I know what was actually coming.

Just when we were out of sight of our beach house.  Jean pulled me in, gave me a hug and kissed me, and told me how much he loved me, meanwhile I am still completely oblivious.  But then it happened.




He told me the sky mile excuse, was exactly that: an excuse. 
Then my mind started spinning.
He knelt down on one knee.
Pulled out the ring (The most perfect beautiful ring in the whole wide world).
And then he asked me to marry him!


I was so overwhelmed I burst into tears while simultaneously nodding.  I stared at him for what felt like 30 seconds (he says it was about 5) and said "Yes. I will." Twice.  And then I just stood there completely frozen.  He came up and hugged me and asked if he could put the ring on me. 
haha and then I asked, "Are you sure you want to marry me?"  He laughed and said yes, he was sure, and put the ring on my finger.  We hugged and kissed again, and then my sister and cousin (who had been hiding the entire time taking pictures) burst out of their hiding spot (a backyard they had broken into) and came running down the beach screaming.

After a huge hug fest, a lot of screaming, tears, and Anne and Caroline reenacting the whole thing we walked back to the beach house where my whole extended family was waiting anxiously.  We had a huge celebration with lots of hugs and a few tears.

Since Jean and I refused to make any wedding plans until we were actually engaged, the last few days have been full of plans and decisions and all sorts of wedding things. I love it! It's so nice to be able to talk about our future :)








 they reenacted it haha




 me and my dad


 me and my mom


 They were pretending to cry haha


 Me and my older brother!



me and my little brother

The actual date is still a little up in the air but I will be sure to post on here as soon as it's decided!

22 comments:

  1. Grace.
    I just cried?
    Yep.
    Like a baby.

    I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOU GUYS ARE SUPER HOT AND I KINDA WANT YOUR FIANCE?
    THESE PICTURES ARE FLAWLESS AND SO ARE YOU TWO.

    PS ...... . . .. . .yes. yes I stalk your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second bryn and everything she said down to the comment of her stalking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest proposel...

    ReplyDelete