Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rugby National Championship



Awwwww yeahhhh yesterday I made the trip up to Rio Tinto Stadium to watch BYU play Cal in the RUGBY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
Me and 13,000 other people made up the largest crowd ever to watch college rugby in the United States.
Pretty sweet huh?

I really hope that rugby starts becoming more popular, the games are so fun! The rugby game I went to in England was one of my favorites things I did there!

Anyways, my cousin David is on the team so my aunt bought out a whole section of seats for all our family and friends to sit together!
Jean Paul was appointed as the game commentator because he was the only one that actually knew the rules (on account of his being from South Africa). He would yell things at the refs like: "THAT WAS NOT A KNOCK ON!!" and then turn and explain to all of us what a 'knock on' was haha. (it's when the ball is knocked forward fyi...)
My dad, on the other hand, was yelling things like "that's scrumalicious!" (he's obviously a rugby fanatic.... not).

A grand time was had by all, although there were two unfortunate moments during the night: First, when BYU lost,
and second, when there was no Haka performed.

I love watching the Haka. I don't know why, but it's one of my favorite things ever.


Game faces.








No comments:

Post a Comment