Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor

"It is very strange that the years teach us patience - that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting."

This witty, charismatic legend died earlier this morning at the age of 79.


She won two academy awards for best actress
"Everything makes me nervous - except making films."

She was appointed 'Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire.'
"If it is not to make the world better what is money for?"

She started the American foundation for AIDS research
and raised over $50 million to fight the disease:
"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance."

She had a self-described "love affair with jewelry."
"My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born,
but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."

She attended Michael Jackson's private funeral:
"In my estimation he is the true King of Rock Pop and Soul."

She was married 8 times to 7 men:
I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?



Unequaled in beauty and stardom, Elizabeth Taylor was described as
"loved by women and adored by men."
I've always admired her fascinating views of life and love -- the world has now lost one of the most iconic women of the last century.


No comments:

Post a Comment