Saturday, September 11, 2010

Street where the riches of ages are stowed


We went to Dover Castle this week and I felt like I was in heaven. Literally. Dover was gorgeously gloomy and green, and I have always had this weird thing with castles (I love them). So, my dream came true on friday -- it was Ever After, Tristan & Isolde, or Pride & Prejudice all rolled into one!
We also went to the oldest church in England (it's not an LDS one...) which was AMAZING. We sat in the pews and sang I Need Thee Every Hour, I Am a Child of God, and The Spirit of God in the OLDEST CHURCH IN ENGLAND. How many people can say that? The girls here have beautiful voices (no help from me I can assure you) and the spirit was definitely there, both making it a very memorable experience.

Then saturday rolled around.

We woke up at nine, (AM!) which was a feat in itself, and went to..... PORTOBELLO ROAD! (If the song from Bed Knobs and Broomsticks popped into your head just now... You are not alone.)
Wow. I don't even know how to sufficiently describe it. It was completely wondrous and exhilarating. Vendor after vendor of vintage, antique, jewelry, food, scarves, dresses, watches, sunglasses, dishes, paintings, photography, live music, boutiques, gelato, CREPES, nutella, etc etc etc. It was extraordinary.
My purchases were as follows:
  • A watch
  • A red shirt
  • A purple scarf
  • A crepe drenched in Nutella
  • Strawberries n' Cream
It was fabulous.

However, nothing could have prepared me for what I had the privilege of experiencing next.

It has been described as:
"The heart touching musical saga that has been enjoyed by more than 54 million people across 38 countries and 21 languages. This is undoubtedly one of the most popular musicals across the globe. The beautiful tale is based during the 19th century French revolution. The poignant tale is all about love and bravery."

I saw Les Miserables. It was seriously one of the most awe-inspiring, mind-blowing performances I've ever seen. In fact, Molly and I are listening to the soundtrack right now because it's so sensational! Even if you cannot see the musical anytime soon, do yourself a favor and download the music.

Well, we have church tomorrow so I'd better get to sleep!
Cheers!

Oh, congrats to my lil sis Anne for being HOMECOMING ROYALTY! Whoohoo!! Also, I loved skyping my brothers and mother this week! :) Miss you all!

The London Centre broadband is an absolute joy and doesn't want to let me upload pictures right now, so sorry for the long wordy post, pics will follow soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment